Monday, September 28, 2009

what's for dinner?!

Dinnertime is always a battle at our house- neither of the boys like to eat dinner foods. They love breakfast and lunch foods- that's what I can get them to eat at dinnertime- but nothing that would be considered dinner would they try.... except pizza- does that even count? And Riley only just started eating pizza again a couple of weeks ago- seriously, what 5 year old does not like pizza?! Or for that matter- chicken nuggets?! I could go on and on about this child's eating habits- or rather, lack of! I have done where if he won't eat dinner, he won't get anything until breakfast the next morning. Did this phase him or make him want to try new things?! NO- he just didn't dinner eat for a couple of weeks- YES WEEKS- so I just get them to eat anything! Austin is the same way... I only hope that they will eat when they get older, but as it is, I don't really have to cook- unless I want to and I love cooking/baking.

Tonight, Riley wanted Ritz crackers and square cheese. I only discovered he liked Ritz crackers in August- he ate them at the daycare one day after refusing them for months and months and decided he liked them. Austin wanted crackers with peanut butter- so there you have it- there's dinner at our place!



6 comments:

Sheri said...

Hey fun, that's what we had for lunch too! Ritz crackers with square cheese.

Mindy said...

thats too funny! I dont cook either now that pauls gone!

Kellie DeMille said...

Cooking is over rated anyhow. Plus it heats up your whole house. I wish I could serve Ritz for dinner!

Heidi said...

Sounds like my house! My 16 month old will not eat/drink anything unless it is MILK in her bottle! Drives me CRAZY!

Tyler and Rachael said...

Ah, picky and weird, just like their mother...I told you your kids would be just as picky as you...are they still scared of hot dogs

McKinna said...

SO funny! LOVE Austin's 'Cheese'!!