Wednesday, March 17, 2010

HaPpY St. PaTrIcKs DaY!!!

To start St. Patrick's Day, the boys found some quarters and chocolate coins left in their shoes by the leprechaun. Riley was excited for the chocolate and Austin ran around saying, "Money! Money! Money!" in the voice of the potato head from the opening scene of Toy Story 1. Very cute. Then it was off to school where everyone had to wear GREEN to avoid unwanted pinches. After, we went to Yogurtland where there was GREEN ice cream- mint- SO YUMMY!!!! Then for lunch we had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.... on GREEN bread.... that I made.

Austin did not eat his bread- but he would say "cheese" for the picture then run away.



Riley ate not only his sandwich but also his crusts- it was a miracle at our house today. And I have told everyone we have come across that he did, in fact, eat crusts today.... Maybe I should start coloring all his bread....
I have so many good memories growing up doing all the fun stuff for the holidays- my mom did something for ALL OF THEM- so of course I carry on with the traditions.... except maybe the mayo.... When I was in 4th grade my mom made green bread and green mayo..... I still can't eat it! But my siblings and I remember all that and that's what I want for my boys- I want them to remember all the holiday stuff we did so maybe they will want to carry on the tradition.

3 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

Yeah Riley!! I think you should dye all his food and maybe he won't know what he's eating and he'll eat everything :)

Mindy said...

Thats hilarious about the mayo!! Cute pictures! Oh, and ill eat Austin's for him!

thegatewoodfamily said...

Cute idea! What a fun mom.