Friday, July 22, 2011

when you FLOP a recipe!

I found a recipe on a blog that I wanted to try out with Riley and Landon today....the recipe we tried was horrid! And, I FOLLOWED THE DIRECTIONS- something I RARELY do! I was disappointed.

It was basically a rice crispie recipe and since I always that those in my cupboard, it was no big deal to toss it out and start over. I'm just glad we tested it before adding in the M&M's- you can't waste those- and they were peanut butter M&M's!


6 cups rice crispie cereal
3 tbsp. butter
1 jar marshmallow cream
1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
2 c. mini marshmallows
2 c. peanut butter M&M's
1/2 c. chocolate chips

Pour the cereal in a large bowl. On the stove, melt the butter then add the marshmallow cream. Once incorporated, remove from stove and add the peanut butter. Add to the cereal. Wait 5 minutes (or until cooled) before adding the marshmallows and M&M's. Pour into a greased 8x8 dish and press down. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave and drizzle over top.

.....next time I'm thinking of putting chopped mini peanut butter cups instead of the M&M's! Oh, the possibilities!!!

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Wait, is this the recipe that didn't work when you followed the directions? Cause if it didn't work for you, it DEFINITELY won't work for me. Looks delicious though.

birmingham family said...

This is my recipe. I did the regular rice crispie recipe and added the extra stuff. ;) Kids LOVED it.

Mindy said...

That looks sooo good!