Tuesday, June 16, 2009

in riley's room

Riley has always been able to entertain himself. He is so good about having "quiet time". I don't force him to sleep/nap, but he has to be quiet and either watch a movie in bed or play quietly with his toys.
When I went in to check on him today, he had all his toys out. Side note**He is gonna be a pack- rat, I am already predicting!!! He keeps EVERYTHING and wants it all out to display.** Anyways, I went up and he was keeping busy. I just wanted to share what he does.


This is some of the stuff he has kept on his bookcase. The gold rocks are from the "leprechaun" that left them for the kids at his school (how many months ago?), army men he has out, and his rock collection he did at school. Among other nick-nacks he has acquired!


He has plastic eggs he saved from Easter on some random toys. He named them today: (L-R) Mark, Michael, Manuel, and Escobar. They are soldiers.


These are the houses with stairs he made for small toys. "They need the stairs so they can get to the houses."


Ants, snakes, I have no idea where he got all this random stuff, but he loves it!!!


Riley with his cat (who has had many names) currently named Mittens. My dad got Riley this cat when he was at least 1. It has been one of his favorite toys for many years. My only complaint- the thing is white around his neck and that's where Riley carries him. I swear, I don't know how many times I have washed the thing, but it never looks clean!

9 comments:

Wendy Birmingham said...

I love that boy! He is SO related to me and my dad!

McKinna said...

that is 2 funny!!

Hugs for Hailey said...

Your kid is very creative! and how jealous am I that you guys have a quiet time in your house!

thegatewoodfamily said...

Quiet time is a wonderful idea! Riley seems to be very organized, and creative. I love the last picture of him and Mittens, it will be a perfect one to show his girlfriends hehehe

Kellie DeMille said...

The last picture looks like you Misty. I think it's the smile :)

shelly said...

Hello, I got him the cat at the car wash..... geez...

Heath Family said...

What a creative little guy!! You have such a cute family.

Mindy said...

The cat!! Man I remember you couldnt leave home without it! Okay, the names of his soldiers are hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Too cute and creative. Love it!!!