Saturday, November 13, 2010

sneaky boy

Slowly we have been getting rid of our child-proof locks around the house. I took off the one for the pantry and thought it would be a good idea- Austin knows if he pulls hard enough it will pop open- but know that he knows it's off.... far too easy for him to help himself to whatever he sees and can open by himself!

He went to the store with my mom and dad today- they let him pick out whatever treat he wanted: powder donuts and mini oreo cookies. After we got back this evening from the store- and while I was unloading the car- he decided it would be distraction enough for him to get a snack. He closed the pantry door after he got his donuts- sat down in the corner and ate a couple- the only thing saving him is how unbelievably good he was at the store! He does not nap AT ALL at home anymore so instead of fighting him for a nap- he does quiet time- if needed. Today was busy and he is so tired- I decided I like tired Austin. He is so much nicer! Not at all crabby like Riley gets when he is tired.

So I let him sit on the floor and eat a couple donuts- and got out the camera. On a side note- I LOVE LOVE LOVE the shoes he is wearing!!! My sister bought those for Riley when he was in that size and I have been waiting since then for Austin to get big enough for them!





2 comments:

McKinna said...

oh that is 2 funny!!!

Mindy said...

Hes so big! Little cutie!