Tuesday, April 22, 2014

spring break- salt lake

we have been wanting to check out the dead sea scrolls at the leonardo- so much fun. riley LOVED it. austin could care less. it was so awesome to see all the artifacts and hear about how they collected the dead sea scrolls and to actually see them. back in the 50's, when they  were piecing them together, the people working on them used scotch tape to put them together, while smoking. just how technology and preservation has changed since then is amazing.

no trip is complete without going to the pie. it is hands down one of my favorite places in salt lake. 

and someone lost a tooth while we were up there! tooth #5
papa fred told him if he pulled it out himself, he would give him $15. that tooth has been loose for a month. it was motivation for him to get it out!

1 comment:

Kellie DeMille said...

I am so glad you finally got to see the dead sea scrolls! I bet it was awesome. I cannot believe how many teeth Austin has lost already. I would do a lot for $15 myself :)