Saturday, February 7, 2009

new beds part 1

Austin has been getting in and out of his crib bed for a while now so I decided he was ready to move up to a big boy bed.  Austin was getting Riley's old bed and since I did not want to take the bed apart and move it to his room, we decided to switch their rooms! The moving of all the toys begins! Riley has been wanted a bunk bed so  we went took a break to go to RC Willie and he picked out his new bed (which will be here on Thursday) and  went home to finish moving the boys. After all was said and done, the boys were very excited to have their new rooms. Bedtime has come and Austin would not stay in his bed, so I left the gate up and he fell asleep on the floor! He woke up around 2am and I put him back in bed and he went back to sleep!  
Today, he was good to go for naptime, I had the gate up again, and when I checked on him he was on the floor again! Anyone else have this problem with their kids? 
Here is Austin's new bed and bedding (he got it for Christmas).  I even bought one of those rail things so he would not fall out of bed.
And here is Austin asleep on the floor! I waned to pick him up and move him, but I'm not too sure if he will wake up or not! Any suggestions?

4 comments:

McKinna said...

if dev ever fell asleep like that, i'd just leave him!! i figure, at least he's asleep! i don't care where! haha! ;)
His bed looks great!

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

The bed looks really nice. I just switched Austin into what used to be the spare room and I'm making his old room the new baby's room. The transition was hard for him at first but once we moved the toys he did MUCH better. He actually NEVER gets out of bed once he's there. Might be because I'm a LOSER and JUST put him in a big boy bed and he's just older. Good LUCK!!

Mindy said...

I love that picture of Austin on the floor!! I just got Had's big girl up, not brave enough to put her in it yet...before May though! Im excited to see the bunkbeds when im there in 3 weeks!!!

Allison said...

Grace sleeps on the floor all the time! I figured as long as she was sleeping - eventually she'll figure out the bed is more comfortable. :)