Monday, July 13, 2009

austin drawings

When Riley was 2 (at the same age that Austin is now), all Riley wanted was for me to draw for him- shapes, letters, numbers, and the planets. He knew the difference between all the shapes- especially his 2 favorites- octagon and hexagon. It was really cute for his age that he knew all that stuff. When we had Austin, someone had told me not to expect that from from this boy too- so I always joke that Austin will be "street smart" because he is way more aggressive than Riley was (or is).
Austin knows his letters and numbers and tonight when he was drawing on his doodle pad, he would draw something then tell his dad what he was drawing. It was too cute- I knew he knew the stuff when he saw it- like, when we go to Costco, he would see the letters and say them but for him to draw it then tell us what he was drawing, I just thought it was neat. SO of course, I had to bust out with the camera to document the occasion!


Austin drawing. He would not look at me and immediately after I took this picture, he was out and running to the other room. My shy, little guy!


The number 7 and the letter B. Just some random letter and number!


The letter C. So there is some hope for the child! He is such a sweet boy. He makes my day very eventful you never know just what he is gonna do!

4 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

Austin is a genius! Nasa here he comes!!!

Wendy Birmingham said...

They are both so brilliant....because he has such brilliant parents!

McKinna said...

dang! that is awesome! :)

thegatewoodfamily said...

that is too cute! And what is he drawing on, and do I need one?