As I have said many times, my kids just don't eat! Last night was no different- EXCEPT- I figured put if you put chocolate chips in it, they will eat ANYTHING. So we had pancakes- which is probably one of the only things the boys will eat willingly anyways. I added a "secret" ingredient- bananas. I know, who does not like bananas.......
THIS CHILD!!!! He will eat banana bread but not bananas or anything else that has them in them. So last night as I was making the batch I threw some bananas in while he wasn't looking- and that's my other thing- the boys help me make dinner so it's hard to trick them into eating it! Anyways, I threw some in and made sure it was really really really mixed up.
AND HE ATE THEM!!!! He ate two of them in fact- then I told him about the "secret" ingredient. He was not too pleased. He refused to eat the third he had waiting on his plate. He asked me if I was serious- did I really put bananas in them?! He does not like bananas- "are you serious?"
So I laughed and said I was just kidding!!! Then he ate the rest of them! So I had to get my camera and get pictures of the poor boy whose mother lied to him to get him to get banana pancakes...... it was worth it! I am already plotting my next meal!!!
In my defense, he really did like them..... he just can't know what's in them! I am excited for the day when my kids won't be as picky eaters- maybe I'll cook more then.
6 comments:
LOL You are the trickiest mom EVER. :)
It sounds a lot like Colby and his "hatred" for Garlic, he would always eat the food I made even though it contained a ton of garlic (I think he's trying to get attention)...ha ha
haha!! I was gonna say: DON'T TELL HIM!!!!
They do sound good....
What a nut! I'm glad you lied to him, he may have started up chucking if you hadn't!
Ha ha! I love that you lied to him! You gotta do what you gotta do!
You are so funny! Mack used to be a good eater, but he seems to be getting pickier and pickier.
Post a Comment